Friday, January 3, 2014

end of year events

Something about a holiday makes it difficult to play blog catch-up, but I will try my best!

My "baby" turned 7 1/2 in December!  I still try to make it a special day but didn't make a 1/2 cake as I usually do.  I decorated the breakfast table instead and made 7 1/2 pancakes for her!
rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes
She ended up coming down with a fever that same day and stayed home from school the next day, but was back to normal before long. 

The next day, another 2nd cousin was born!  Michael is the 12th great-grandchild on my Mom's side of the family, with 2 more due this year! 
We enjoyed a classroom party on the last day of school before school let out for Christmas break. 
Lucy and her class friends

I liked that Lucy picked glasses to wear with her glasses
I hosted playgroup the following Monday to celebrate Christmas with our friends.  There were a total of 12 kids there (and only 5 adults!).  I had all 5 of my kids there so that bumped the number up a bit, and it was a joyous day. 
blue eyes!

kids clustered around the ipad!

opening presents on the couch

doing a craft

Karen made this fruit Christmas tree

playgroup food!

kids eating at the big table
It was a fun way to celebrate the start of Christmas!

No comments: