Saturday, February 1, 2014

End of January

I have a few more misc. details to post about to close out the month of January!

I've been working with Lucy on life skills so I decided to teach her how to fill a car with gas
It also happened to be the Sunday that I rag-rolled her hair for the first time.  Cute!
I also wanted to experience making butter/buttermilk from heavy cream.  I used my stand mixer and beat the cream for almost 17 minutes, but came out with homemade butter and buttermilk!
The buttermilk made tasty biscuits!
We enjoyed a full day with our nanny-kids on MLK day
(two babies not pictured)
And I snapped a pic of Lucy stretching at gymnastics
Lucy is the one at the far right top corner in pink being helped by her coach
Lucy learning flips on the bar
And the month wouldn't be complete without a pic of our one-clawed crayfish
This past Tuesday was a crazy ice day.  Our local school district didn't call school delay until 5 minutes before the tardy bell!  Consequently, we missed the bus, walked to school, only to be called back an hour later to come pick her up when school was cancelled.  My work kept getting pushed back until it finally was cancelled as well, and Lucy and I enjoyed a good day at home.  I ended up falling on the icy sidewalks coming home from school but my chiropractor was able to pop my bones back into place.  :)  I taught Lucy a science lesson when we made homemade pretzels:
Lucy applying the egg wash
A misc. pic of our tomato seedlings started inside
Our plumbers finally came out on Friday after two more delays, and found (hopefully) the final broken pipe (right by our garage door)
Finally, we had a good garage sale this morning and nephew #2 wanted to come home with us for the afternoon.  We made fried chicken, home fries, skillet zucchini and chocolate cake.  DH took the kids to the creek to look for crayfish and played Legos with them

No comments: