Lucy asked to wash dishes tonight. :) She suggested her favorite, "Breakfast for Dinner" for supper tonight, so I made pigs in a blanket, fruit salad, spinach smoothies and boudin (not breakfast-y, but it was from a deep-freeze clean-out). We all ate well! She did a great job getting everything sudsy, washing it off, and then toweling it dry.
She has been so great lately--I think it's because I've gotten time with her after school to do homework, read books, do art, chat, etc. She asked today if I could work at her school, which I would love! We'll see what happens. She told me about her fire drills, weather drills, and other drills at school. Apparently there is a drill where you hide if "a villain" comes to your school. It makes my heart chill just thinking about it, but I'm glad the school is preparing for anything. Her version of bad-weather drill is if a volcano "interrupts". :)
Her reading and writing skills are coming along beautifully, and I checked out two books from the library in Spanish (Brown Bear, Brown Bear and If you Give a Mouse a Cookie). I humored myself by stumbling along in Spanish! Even Lucy corrects my pronunciation!
No comments:
Post a Comment