Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jellybean

Our new addition arrived today!  His name is Jellybean...he's an 8-week-old male "tuxedo" kitten.  It took a lot of convincing from DH and Lucy for me to get him (after shots, vet bills, food, etc.--these things add up!), but I was immediately in love.

Here she is opening the mystery box...we tried our hardest to keep him a secret!



Jellybean is the name that he came with.  Lucy wants to change it to Zoboo (after the PBS show Zoboomafoo), but I have the hardest time pronouncing it for some reason.  We thought of naming him Skippyjon Jones, but Lucy pointed out that his eyes are yellow, not blue.

She spent HOURS playing with him after he arrived, and then he promptly fell asleep while I was holding him.  *love!*
I think 6 is the perfect age for a first pet.  I was 6 when we got our first real pet, a dog named Bonny.   And this kitten is a good first pet--very tolerant of children, social, friendly, and litter-box trained! 

Also this weekend, we attended a couples baby shower for my cousin Shawn and his wife Jessica.  We love them!  They have gone through many of our same struggles with infertility and we are thrilled to pieces that they are finally expecting their own baby!

The shower was held at  Grosspapa's--always a fun time with cousins and good food!



No comments: