It has been yet another busy weekend! I'm just waiting for Thanksgiving and Christmas when things will slow down for a bit. Ha!
Saturday brought us a family picnic/networking event at Play for All Abilities park for parents of blind and visually impaired children. Lucy was reunited with her buddy, Diego, who was in her group at White Cane Day.
A group shot of some of the parents that attended
I met one of the new children's specialists and networked with a few other families, one of which lives just a few miles away from us.
We headed to Grosspapa's afterwards to attend our annual family camping trip. Most of the families brought their tents and camped, but Lucy and I just went for the afternoon.
It rained on and off throughout the afternoon. My sis and I were attempting to go fishing when the downpour started. Here is my dear brother-in-law coming to our rescue!
A bunch of the kids piled into my uncle's old army dump truck for a ride
It was hard to get a good shot with the rain POURING down. We made it back and the rain eventually cleared for a Gator ride
Lucy opted to stay inside and play a math game on the computer with her cousins. I think it's cute that the 2nd cousins all have the same shade of hair!
We ate a delicious dinner and roasted marshmallows before heading home. Here is Lucy with her 2-months-older 2nd cousin, Alicia
I love that they both have glasses and a lost-front-tooth!
Today was a special occasion as well--my oldest nephew's first communion! Our church allows 5th graders to partake, and they receive instruction before doing so.
Here he is receiving his certificate from our pastor
We took a few additional photos since we all dressed up for the occasion (my daddy complained about it feeling like he was wearing a suit at a rock concert, being the "contemporary" service). :)
My mama and daddy
3 generations
We had a great lunch of smoked brisket and chicken, salads, NOODLES and green beans. My sis made a cake
It was a great day! It was the end of daylight savings time, which made the day seem even longer. I can't wait for spring when it will be light again. I guess I'm just a day person!
No comments:
Post a Comment