Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1st week of school

I wanted to do a "comparison shot" from 1st grade


And from Kindergarten


We are in the middle of our first week of school!  It's not going as smoothly as 1st grade, but I'm hoping the "bumps" will smooth out soon!


  
I put her in the same outfit from 1st day of 1st grade--still fits!
Walking in the front door of the school
Walking down the 1st/2nd grade hallway
Standing in the doorway of her classroom
Sitting at her table, filling her box with new school supplies
All in all, it was a good first day.  She goes to after-school care at the nearby rec center, which I have mixed feelings about.  The whole point of me being a nanny is to be with her after school and on holidays, but it's physically impossible for me to pick her up with 4 others across town (one of whom gets out of school at the same time as her).  I hate that she only has an hour of downtime before bed (in which we have to cram dinner and homework in).  So this is the schedule for now! 

A few other happenings:

I wanted to include this cut pic of Lucy and her cousins holding Chelsea.  They are all so huge compared to her!
A picture from Rally Day
Lucy drew "The Ten Commandments" after she learned about them in Sunday School
And lastly, a 15 inch bass that my Daddy caught from their tank this week!  We haven't gotten one that size in ages!

No comments: