Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day 2014

We had a busy Mother's Day weekend!

On Friday, my sister's family asked us to join them at the Express game.  It was an exciting game and two balls came very near us in the lawn seating--as in less than 10 feet away!  It was lucky that no one got hurt.

My sister and Lucy doing the "chicken dance"
 On Saturday, I took Lucy downtown to the "Dia de Las Madres" celebration.  We rode our bikes there and back--Lucy is getting stronger and stronger and didn't complain too much during the 6-mile ride.  There were several booths set up for her to make Mothers Day cards, and they even offered free pictures with mom and nail polishing.  We stayed to hear the Biscuit Brothers play.
The Biscuit Brothers produce their national children's show for PBS in Austin
This was a unique Mother's Day in the fact that I didn't get to see my mother or MIL.  DH asked what I wanted to do and my wish was to go to the local state park and go hiking, fishing and swimming.  I invited my oldest nephews to come with us after church on Sunday.
In the truck, ready to go!
 After we checked in, we headed to the picnic area for some lunch.
The hungry crew
We changed into our swimsuits and headed to the lower falls.  The boys brought their inflatable raft and floated Lucy around in the deeper parts.  After a few hours, we headed back to the truck to drive to the upper falls. 
Lunch #2!
I remembered my camera this time:
Lots of swimmers

Happy DH

J readying the fishing gear

Lucy on top of the falls at the "slide"

A view from the top of the upper falls
Strong swimmer!
It was an amazing day!  We ended up spending the entire afternoon swimming but want to return again soon so we can do more fishing and hiking. 

Lucy holding Sweetie Pie in her fairy garden
And lastly, a picture of my darling after church--she wanted to be included in Mother's Day since "I'm the one who made you a mother".  :)

No comments: