This has been a wonderful weekend so far--I love free time and the start of football season!
Lucy had a few hours between her 6-year portrait appointment and her cousin coming over, so we made the good ole standby, GOOP. It's almost as exciting as mixing baking soda and vinegar!
The recipe is:
1 t. borax mixed with 1 C. water, then poured into 1/2 cup school glue mixed with 1/2 cup water. Magic happens and you end up with slimy, sensory-rich goop!
And a picture of it gone horribly awry:
I LOVE giving her the chance to experiment, stir, mix, add color, feel (and sometimes taste). I want her to always love science!
She declared today that she is really 1/2 boy, 1/2 girl, since she doesn't like Barbies and she loves critters. :) Here she is with 2 out of the 3 geckos that she caught this morning:
Speaking of Barbie, here she has given Barbie a pair of glasses. :)
I apologize for the Mad Scientist look...we woke up to a cold front and she eagerly put on long pants and a long-sleeved shirt (it's 73 degrees!!!), and I hadn't fixed her hair yet.
I'm just glad she didn't eat the gecko!
Later this evening, we had her 2nd oldest cousin come over to spend the night and go on a long bike ride/picnic dinner. She has come so far with her coordination on the bike!
And our picnic dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment