Monday, February 25, 2013

New Piano

A big thanks to Opa for giving us his old piano!  Lucy plinks on it daily.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about teaching her and want to try teaching her some basics.  I got my old books out, the "A Dozen a Day" exercises. 
The piano is great because it has a jack for headphones, as well as all kinds of settings that I didn't have when I learned on an old-fashioned piano.  Lucy loves making up her own songs!

Here is Lucy on our new "scrappy quilt" that Nena made for us.  It's made with fabric scraps and it's neat to look at some of the fabrics and remember dresses from when I was a girl made from the same fabric. 
I found a super deal on bananas at HEB last week--59 bananas for $1.98!  They were "reduced for quick sale" although there was very little bruising on them.  I couldn't pass it up!  Now I have enough bananas for smoothies to last a year!
Lastly, I had my eye exam today.  It was good to hear that everything looked normal (considering how many floaters I have had recently) and I got a slightly stronger prescription for my left eye.  My near vision is still perfect!  I saw the same optometrist that I went to as a girl (he's been at the same location for 37 years!) and he talked to me for a long time about Lucy's coloboma.  It was nice to have a doctor show genuine interest--it's becoming rare these days! 
My crazy dilated eyes!!

No comments: