And rolled into Dallas/Fort Worth at 8:30 in time to enjoy breakfast, Embassy-style. Yum!
Prince of Peace was having the annual egg hunt and festivities, which we enjoyed. Here we are waiting for it to start...
And she's off!
We joined the rest of the family afterwards at the fun kid zone, where the church provided an amazing outreach to the community--bounce houses, hot dogs, face painting, games, you name it!
One of her favorites was a bounce-house climbing slide thing with a chicken. The girl loves her chickens!
And for some unknown reason, she was compelled to flash the "peace" sign after sliding down the slide each time. Maybe it's a 1st grade thing?
After the festivities, we headed back to the hotel for a few hours for DH to catch a nap before meeting back with the family for a brisket meal. It was delicious! I found a new way to kick my dairy taters up a notch--with both cheddar and bacon on top. MMMmmm...
The kids had a mini-hunt in the back yard
After the meal, we headed back to the hotel for happy hour and indoor pool/hot tub. I think we went to bed at 8pm. ;)
The next morning was Easter and we enjoyed a joyous celebration at church. Lucy was sitting so well between me and Opa, and I pointed out that Uncle Dallas was singing on the stage. She said "He can do that?". :)
I had DH snap a pic of us in our Easter dresses. My dress was worn by my Mema, now considered vintage. Thank goodness we wore the same size, although I am quite a bit taller. I love the color!
Lastly, Lucy fell asleep as we were leaving Dallas and didn't wake up until we got home! She was worn out!
No comments:
Post a Comment