The library was hosting an event called "City Diggers" (to go along with summer reading theme--Dig into Reading--get it?). :)
So they had a bunch of city workers and their trucks for a hands-on exhibit. I had my group of kids and we were some of the oldest there...among a bunch of 2-year-old boys gawking at the big machines.
 |
| J getting an explanation of how a fire hydrant works |
 |
| J at the controls of the backhoe |
 |
| Happy kids! |
 |
| Can you see me in the rearview taking the picture? |
 |
| I had to take this one of J and the backhoe operator...I think J will look just like the guy in blue in 10 years! |
 |
| Lucy and the sewer line robot |
 |
| Hey blue eyes! Kids are in the waste water line management vehicle |
 |
| I had to get this pic of J reading the titles of the Rainbow Fairy titles to Lucy since he was tall enough to see | them! |
Later that afternoon, I took Lucy to the Rockin' Readers storytime, for grades 2-5.
After the storytime (pirates and buried treasure--keeping with the "digging" theme!), we had the craft which was making a maze/treasure map out of straws and tape. Lucy loved it!
 |
| drawing her plans |
|
 |
| The finished project! P.S. When did she get so tan?! |
|
Today was a little more laid back, although she got into the econo-sized jug o' glitter that I'm using for her upcoming birthday.
Poor kitty is now a glitter kitty
And the fairies took a dip as well
As I have vacuumed twice in the past 24 hours (and there is still glitter covering everything!), I had to go to my happy place...my garden!
Ahhhh, happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment