Today we got to enjoy a trip to the Bob Bullock museum with Nena and Poppy and the nephews at a 3-D movie of "Flight of the Butterflies"
http://thestoryoftexas.com/flight-of-the-butterflies
Nena has been an avid Monarch butterfly fan for years, and this movie was a great story of the life cycle and migration of this fascinating creature. It was Lucy's first 3-D movie and she kept reaching out and trying to catch the butterflies!
We took advantage of the pretty day and had a few pictures of the 3 grandkids
I liked that nephew #1 took charge of Lucy, holding her hand and telling her to walk and be quiet. It was like having a built-in babysitter!
God Bless Texas! I love that we celebrated Texas's birthday together
Since we had a little time to spare, we headed over to the Capitol building for more pictures
The Senate
The House of Representatives
Nena was very patient with Lucy after she got her feelings hurt by her cousin. The boys just sort of look at her and say "What did I do?". Bless their hearts, they wouldn't know what to do with a sister!
Lucy, drinking from a water fountain
The kids were a little disappointed that it was a Sunday and the legislature was not in session. They wanted to go back on a day where laws were being made! Our next chance will be in 2015.
As we parked in the Capitol Visitors Parking lot (and upon departure), we saw Star Flight of Brackenridge Hospital take off and land.
Lastly, I received my new pair of glasses on Friday. I love them!
1 comment:
Love your blog about today and yesterday of all the activities! We had a FUN Sunday with you and the kids! Thanks for driving!
Post a Comment