Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Weekend happenings

This weekend was the 6th weekend of our Family Leadership training.  It's supposedly our very last training, although there will be an opportunity to join a state-wide leadership training as a representative of Central Texas.  They will be taking applications to join, but I'm not sure if I will apply or not.  I've enjoyed the friendships and networking but haven't participated in any state conferences or workshops thus far (a requirement to apply). 

As always, they fed us well
And I enjoyed my Saturday morning run in different surroundings.  It was COLD for late March...I could see my breath that morning!
I found a patch of bluebonnets to plunk down in at the corner of 183 and 360
And ran past the Echelon building that was made famous 3 years ago
File:Damage to Echelon complex from 2010 plane crash.jpg
 
Our meeting was a good session that concluded with a family pizza/pool party.  Unfortunately, a lot of families weren't able to attend, but my sis brought Lucy and the boys and we had pizza and enjoyed the pool.
Here is Lucy and her friend Minnie
 Lucy liked going into the hot tub and coming out with a white beard like Santa Claus!
Lastly, she wanted to ride the glass elevator one more time. 

No comments: