It was a busy day today!
We started the day with the annual Children's Health Fair and Expo at the Dell Diamond. I like the health fair as there are free screenings and other freebies for kids. Lucy had her vision screened at two different booths, and, after failing them, was offered a voucher for a free pair of glasses. :) The Lions Club actually did a neat 10-second scan that showed an abnormality in her right eye, which I explained to the screener as her coloboma. Nephew #2 came with us and had perfect vision at both screenings, and it was neat to see all the different abnormalities that they screen for. The kids also got free bike helmets!
In honor of Texas's 177th birthday, I dressed up my li'l cowgirl and took a few pics:
This one cracks me up--she has that same toothy fake-smile that her daddy did in all pictures. I love awkward 1st grader big-tooth smiles!
She asked "Since Texas is so old, will it die soon?" Poor kid, she has gone through a lot of old people dying this year.
The health fair/expo was great, but the kids didn't want to pose with Spike. I did!
I'm not actually pregnant here, although my giant coat would tell you otherwise. It was, like, 20 degrees colder here in the wind.
Afterwards, we went to nephew #1's baseball game. They are still getting beat 20-1 most games, but have great team spirit. My nephew plays during almost the entire game (pitcher, catcher, batter, outfield, etc.) and is such a good sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment