Monday, May 20, 2013

weekend happenings

It was a good weekend!  I was off of work on Friday, so I wanted to grill some food to celebrate.  I made bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos, grilled squash (from the garden) and chicken, spinach and garlic sausage.  It turned out well!
On Saturday was nephew #1's baseball closing ceremonies.  He and another player from his team were picked to play in Player's Choice game! 

I am so proud of him! 
Here he is running to 1st base


And sliding into home
He also got to play 3rd base
Lucy didn't want to go to the game so she stayed home with her daddy.  After I got home, I took her on a long, hot bike ride to our city's new (-ish) splash pad. 
We made an obligatory stop at the "train playground" to watch a train go by
 
It was worth the bike ride!

She had to stop several times to wipe her eyes...she wants to bring her goggles next time...
Every 15 minutes or so, the water would cycle off for a minute or two.  Lucy and the pack of boys would hover over the water holes, begging the water to come back...
waiting... 
...here it comes!
It was so fun!

No comments: