6 years ago today, Lucy was baptized. I asked her what it meant to her to be baptized. She said it's where a baby goes up to the front of the church and gets washed. And a cross gets put on it's head. :) We had an in-depth discussion about death-and-rebirth in the Lord and how our sins get washed away. I told her our own baptism stories, where I was baptized shortly after I was born since Nena and Poppy didn't know if I would live or not, but Daddy was baptized as an adult, having chosen that life path for himself...
"whether it happens when we are tiny infants or adults with checkered
lives, we become new and glorious members of the Body of Christ, the
Author of Life, in whom there is eternal life"
We talked about her sponsors, about confirmation, and what it meant for her to follow Jesus. It was a great discussion! I neglected to take out her baptismal candle but she symbolically celebrated by swimming the width of the pool during her swim lesson today!
1 comment:
We're still praying for you Lucy! Love you- Dallas, Sarah, Noah and Sophia
Post a Comment