It's always sad to have a vacation end...but God sent something to cheer us up!
This rainbow was observed between Fort Davis and Balmorhea...right on the Jeff Davis county line. I kept trying to take pictures and drive and finally had to pull over. It was a double rainbow for a while, and we could see where the rainbow was hitting the ground. Awesome! In years past, this stretch of road is where we would see dust devils swirling around. The rainbow was the clearest, most complete rainbow we had seen in a while.
We stopped in Fort Stockton for a generic McDonald's breakfast/brunch, and saw our first hitchhiker. On I-10, it was bound to happen! Whenever we see something different, out-of-the-ordinary, I like to call out "Look, children, Culture!". It started 3 years ago in San Antonio when we saw a street-walker, I think. :) Anyway, now that the children are older, they ask all sorts of questions about culture. I like to keep them informed! (sorry, I did not take any pictures) It was a good 7-hour trip home. It helped that we had 2 vehicles this time and could switch out kids as they got bored!
2 comments:
And you're still all friends! It's a Miracle; Thank you, Jesus!!
Amen to that!
Post a Comment