Friday, July 6, 2012

Barton Springs, day of adventure with Daddy

Today was a rare opportunity where none of us had to work or go to school, so we crossed another item off our summer bucket list--swimming at Barton Springs! 

Lucy has taken to posing in goofy poses when the camera comes out.  Reminds me of her daddy...

Unfortunately, she didn't enjoy the pool at all...it's slippery and freezy-cold and she didn't want to practice swimming.  She clung to her daddy the whole time, and the lifeguards blew their whistles at us 3 times (who knew that you can't wear your aqua socks on the diving board?).  Too many rules, but there were GOBS of people there so it made sense.  I really enjoyed it since it's the first time I've been there since my LASIK, and I got to see a whole underwater world with my goggles. 

Afterwards, we headed to the local Taco Bell where I used coupons to get a full meal for under $5! 
After lunch, DH wanted to show Lucy where he lived and went to school when he was her age, so we took a detour:
And where he used to live:

What a fun day with daddy!

No comments: