Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Manager's Special

As this is the last week of school, we are getting volumes of school work sent home that was completed throughout the year.  I like to call it Manager's Special, the cafeteria's term for serving up all the stuff leftover (hello tuna surprise!). 

But it's a good thing.  I got Lucy's math and language arts progress reports, and I am blown away by how well she has done.  She had exceeded all of her Kinder goals by December and continued to progress though the end of the school year.  In language arts, she recognized 35 out of 37 sight words in English, and 34 out of 39 in Spanish.  She is reading at a DRA of 8 (the standard is 3).  The only problem she has is having her 4's, 5's and 6's turning the correct way.  She can't wait to be in 1st grade!

No comments: