I'm afraid Lucy has gotten her list-making compulsion from her mother. :) She routinely asks for pen and paper when we are driving, waiting in line for something, etc. Her handwriting has gotten a lot more practiced so she mostly writes on the line now. Here is her most recent list:
It reads:
Play with water balloons
Play tea party
Do art
Finish Mothers Day things
Climb a tree
One thing she did today that was not on her list--mixing food colors together on the back porch. I was trying to finish filing some papers and distractedly handed her a bottle of red color (she wanted to make purple with the blue). All of the other colors were in small, almost-used-up squeeze bottles but the red was in one of the old-fashioned big jars. A few moments passed before she came inside and said "Mom, I kinda had an accident!" only to find the back porch (and her!) covered in bright red. I set her to work scrubbing the porch with dish soap and a scrub brush, and after a bit she asked if she could have a bath outside.
She got most of the red color off of her skin with her wagon bath!
2 comments:
Three little monkeys climbing in a tree.
One fell out and broke his knee.
Took him to the doctor,
"Now look," said he,
"No more monkeys climbing in a tree!"
HI LUCY!
Don't fall out of any trees!
Love,
OPA
Post a Comment