This year has brought us so many blessings in the garden department! The rain and lower temperatures have made for a very happy gardener.
All but one of our tomato plants have been volunteers this year, resulting in dozens of cherry tomatoes (I planted one plant that produces the big ones). I cut them up and put them in my morning eggs, make salsa, etc. I finally have enough at one time to try making pasta sauce. It turned out well!
Lucy and I made homemade pizza last night with bell peppers from the garden. Yummo!
And oddly, we have numerous volunteer pumpkin plants taking over the garden. I finally picked the pumpkins and took the vines out--they were so invasive but pretty. We got 2 full-sized pumpkins, and Lucy and her daddy carved one into a "June Jack-o-Lantern" yesterday.
The flesh smells and tastes great--like a spaghetti squash. We roasted the seeds for a snack.
And lastly, we had our church directory pictures taken yesterday. We will have our free 8x10 soon, but since we were all dressed up and fresh at 3pm on a Friday, we took a few pictures of us at home. Don't you love our patriotic colors?
Next up, the Weise Family Reunion!
No comments:
Post a Comment