Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mosquitoes

Tonight Lucy and I were doing yard work (mowing, re-potting plants, cleaning out the shed) and despite the bug spray we still got a few mosquito bites.  During her shower tonight, she asked why God made mosquitoes.  I told her I didn't know, and she thought about it for a minute and said "Maybe God gave us mosquitoes to remind us of our sins.  You know, because they are black!". 

Took me a few minutes before I realized she was talking about the Gospel Fuzzies from Sunday School.  :)

Gospel Fuzzies
We are the gospel fuzzies. We are the gospel fuzzies.
We are the gospel fuzzies and we have a song for you!
Gold stands for heaven. Gold stands for heaven.
Gold stands for heaven where I want to go.
Dark means I'm a sinner. Dark means I'm a sinner.
Dark means I'm a sinner and I can't get in.
Red means Jesus died.  Red means Jesus died.
Red means Jesus died and He rose again.
White means I'm forgiven.  White means I'm forgiven.
White means I'm forgiven when I trust in Him.
Green means I am growing.  Green means I am growing.
Green means I am growing when I follow Him.
 
 Happy Flag Day, everyone!

No comments: