Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Lucy is almost 6 and has never been in a swim lesson before. She has never wanted them, and I was always hesitant to spend money on something that she may or may not enjoy. I took lessons when I was 2 and vividly remember NOT liking them. She has little access to swimming pools, mostly just at her Oma and Opa's neighborhood pool.
So we had an opportunity to take "group lessons" with a teacher (a mom of a child that Evan and Caitlin have playgroup with). Her first lesson isn't officially until next week, but when I took Evan to his lesson, he wouldn't get in the pool! Ms. Hannah suggested that Lucy have a lesson with him and it worked out perfectly. Lucy enjoyed it so much that she has been asking when her next lesson will be! It helps that she is allowed to keep her glasses on and Ms. Hannah is an experienced teacher. So far, it will be just Lucy and Evan in the group--Caitlin gets her own lesson since she is so young.

No comments:
Post a Comment