Yay, the trip has finally arrived! The planning started 8 months ago for this trip-of-a-lifetime. So blessed to have this opportunity!
Unfortunately, the trip started off in a very stressful way. We had everything written down and planned to the minute for departure, but you know what they say about best-laid plans! We took the toll road to the airport, parked, took the shuttle, checked in, etc. only to get stuck in the dreaded TSA line. The line was quite long and I ended up getting held up with a sealed bottle of Nyquil. The plane stopped boarding at 6:13am and there I was at 6:15! Gah! Once I was cleared I ran for my life to the gate, where DH was waiting with Lucy and they literally shut the plane behind me. I don't think I stopped shaking until we landed in Boston. God was watching out for me!
 |
| It was dark when we left, but we got to sit together! |
The layover in New Jersey was relatively uneventful except that we had to go through security again.
 |
| In Newark, NJ...if you squint real hard, you can see New York city way in the background! |
Lucy was quite the trooper and remained happy. The ride into Logan was very bumpy but we made it!
 |
| Somewhere over the Northeast...look at the snow! |
 |
| Leftover snow |
We checked into Embassy Suites and had an hour or so to relax before the mixer/dinner. We met everyone and it was fun to see where everyone came from. Most were from the Northeast but some came from Utah, California, etc.
 |
| Lucy in the snow as we waited for our hotel shuttle |
 |
| View from our hotel room |
 |
| The snow would melt/refreeze each night |
 |
| She got her first white cane! |
No comments:
Post a Comment